Join members of Basingstoke IVC Science Cafe for a YouTube live stream of this unique event exploring changing the system to protect life on Earth. The title of the talk is "HOW ARE OUR OCEANS RESPONDING TO CLIMATE CHANGE?"
Watch online on YouTube:
PRIOR BOOKING REQUIRED - ONLINE HERE
Oceans cover more than 70% of the Earth’s surface and as the planet heats up, they are feeling the impact acutely.
But how exactly does climate change affect our oceans, how do our oceans influence climate change and what can we do about it?
From ocean acidification and changing currents to marine biodiversity loss and changing fish migration patterns, global temperature rise is having a very real impact on our oceans. The relationship between oceans and climate is complex and interlinked, and in this Climate Talk, a panel of experts delves into this relationship.
We’ll be exploring in depth the impacts of climate change upon oceans, the biodiversity that they support and the communities that depend on them for food security, economic prosperity and survival.
- Dr Carol Turley OBE: Senior Scientist, Head of International Affairs, Plymouth Marine Laboratory
- Professor Margaret Leinen: Director of Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego, Vice Chancellor for Marine Sciences and Dean of the School of Marine Sciences, UC San Diego.
- Professor Rashid Sumaila: Professor and Director, Fisheries Economics Research Unit and the OceanCanada Partnership at the University of British Columbia.
- Professor Stephen Belcher:: Chief Scientist, the Met Office
- Professor Chris Jackson (Chair): Chair in Sustainable Geoscience, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Manchester.
Please log into your account to view the details and access your updated booking. If you have any questions, please call our Contact Centre team on 0800 047 8124 between 09.00–17.00 or email firstname.lastname@example.org